Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Totally Trending For Tribal

We've seen many designers continuing with a tribal thread from the Fall runway shows into Spring/Summer 2012. Aztec prints, blanket coats, feathers, stacked bangles and turquoise accessories are all key trends following this ethnic influence. It's easy to get swept away though, and I'd hate to see head-to-toe Pocahontas vibes filtering on to the street. A tiny touch of tribal is easier to pull off, taking one item or print and fusing with the rest of your Winter warmers. I found these images that use the Tribal trend in a way that enhances the style they are presenting without detracting from an 'Indie' style that along with tribal, works so well.


Who doesn't love the easy-going attitude of a 60's hippie vibe? I know I do. A printed sweater is a must have this season!


I swear I'd grow out my locks just to sport this braid, I'm in love with the romance in this look. It's not in-your-face, easily recognisable tribal, but the twisted turban and crochet are to die! And I like to say, when you can't quite pin point a specific 'look' to an ensemble, you've reached perfection. Please bow your heads in honour of style..

Gaetano Navarra - Spring 2012
Tribal prints give these sun-ray pleated dresses a punch. I'm also swayed by the hair colour in these shoots.. Definitely  thinking that tribal is a look made for all my 'ginger-sisters' - take note girls.


Stay fabulous fashionistas!

xoxo
Melissa Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment