Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Perfect Man

As you scroll down to what has me super excited about mens wear, notice how trends in fashion right now have crossed gender lines. Mixing prints, tailored pants, even a patent clutch. Well, 'mutch' in this case. (That's man-clutch, incase you aren't familiar with the lingo.) The Burberry Men's Spring/Summer 2013 collection had me dreaming of the perfect man as I sat in bed last night researching for future posts. Strange though that once I eventually fell asleep I was dating a tiny chinese man.. Weird.. and beside the point.

Now I realise that it's doubtfull that I'll come across a 'Burberry' man in the street dressed head-to-toe in all this perfection. But that's exactly what I love about runway. You can achieve perfection there, view an ideal look and admire it as it effortlessly struts in all it's uncompromised glory. We're not meant to emmulate entire designer collections and wear them as cookie cutter copies, more so, we take inspiration from them and use the elements to achieve our own personal style. I love that the runway will always give us the mark, a higher standard to be better at dressing ourselves. Designer's give us images of a lifestyle, and a persona without which the industry would falter, we'd be lost, not knowing what to buy into. If you're not open to try and dress as impeccably as possible each day and look like the image you've invested to become, are you not lost? Looking to the runway and it's flawlessness you get a feeling for who the person they've created is, how this man/woman lives. Remember that, when before you're able to explain who you are to someone new, they've done this to you, their perception of you set in a glance.

You ponder that and I'll get back to pondering my perfect man..



Images from The Sartorialist

xoxo
Melissa Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment