Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Return Of The Crop Top

I never thought I'd see the day.. I am so hesitant to even highlight this trend for the reason that if interpreted with the wrong decade in mind fashion will move back in time to scar itself once again.
It's the return of the cropped top. And let me say now, it is the one thing getting me through this awful cold with my sights set firmly on a Spring sassily sprinkled with bright prints and bare mid riffs. The trend has come back superbly, backed by key ways to sport this look that keep it fresh and completely void of any 'nineties-girls-gone-wild' hideousy.

 

Rebecca Minkoff
Give me a slouchy, high-waisted pant any day. I love the 'rule-following' we can take from this too - Pick a body part to expose and cover up the rest. This fitted white version is perfection!


Bill Blass
 A more understated version with the layering of a blazer. I'm totally seeing my S/S uniform unfold..


Roland Mouret
 A bra-top, an ultra modern knod to retro - so very now.


Donna Karan
 Keepint tribal on the cards, love it! Does anything scream Spring more than a printed A-line?


Carven
Preppy in a collared crop. This is for sure going to be one of my fave looks to re-create.


Versace
Trusted to keep it sexy.


Nina Ricci 
Teamed with the perfect pencil. Yummy..

Remember to keep it classy gals. Note the all round high waists, not a belly in sight or a hated hipster over-flow to be seen. The look is tailored and chic.

Best order that ab cruncher..

Stay fabulous fashionistas!

xoxo
Melissa Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment