Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Little Party With A Lot Of Slumber

I like to think that for the most part I'm a pretty fashion forward kinda gal. There's little that walks down the runway that I don't find beauty in or inspiration. Even if it's not something I'd wear or design, I am a fashion lover and like to appreciate all kinds, all styles, all trends. I've seen the trend you'll scroll down to below, creeping it's way onto the street over the past year. Now that it's definitely here, I've sat with it, sorted through it and succumb to the sensation that.. it sucks.

I present to you,
The Pyjama Trend


Starting you off slowly, we have Alexa Chung, (love love love her) in a paisley print pyjama pant. Paired with the boyfriend sweater and keeping it cool with a fab shoe, I can deal. Be warned - only Alexa can rock this. Not even I would try this at home.



This look on Brit blogger, Bip Ling, is also on the safer side of this trend. I love a matchy-matchy print, (preferably a suit though) and at least the collar on this could pass it for an actual shirt.



I'm such a fan of a sequined blazer! A fab choice by uber-chic french actress Elisa Sednaoui. Tragic though, that she forgot to get out of bed before finishing off her outfit. She was at the opening night of an exhibition for Leonardo Da Vinci at the Louvre. Note to Elisa: You're not supposed to let on that you think museums are a snooze fest. Have some culture!


Florence Welch.. She actually had the courage (or stupidity) to finish up the look with a pair of slippers. Go big or go home I guess!


Helena Bonham Carter. Enough said.
(Are you still on trend if you're in your actual pj's, where do you draw the line?!)



Above we have Jade Williams and Lou Dillon, respectively, in designs by Marni for H&M. These would have to be my (and I use the word lightly) 'fave' of the lot. The trick? Saved by the shorts I'd say!




No surprise that RiRi jumped on board. In Emilio Pucci and a monochrome rose print. You'd actually step out in this trend more than once? If the pyjama fits.. don't wear it.


It comes down to this. When you begin to blur the lines between dressed up and dressed down, actually, let's be frank - not dressed at all, we're in dangerous territory. I'm from a small town, I see people outside of the house in slippers everyday, at the mall, running errands. Should any of these 'fash-holes' ever have the sense to look up this trend and latch on, extending it past their footwear to become full on pyjama-mamma's, walk out in the open and be delusional about being on trend.. I fear we'd have an epidemic. (We all know they wouldn't be stepping out in the silky Stella McCartney variety.) This nightmare should be kept in the dark, behind bedroom doors and worn only with eyes closed!

I'm done. Who knew fashion could be so sleep inducing? Luckily as with many trends, this too shall pass. Yawn..


xoxo

Melissa Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment