Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Colour Block Crazy


“Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways. ” - Oscar Wilde

This season, it's definitely colour that's speaking to my soul..


Colour blocking is so right now. I love this trend for so many reasons. Namely..
Every colour in your wardrobe becomes the same as a black or white staple item, everything matches everything. (Well almost)
The trend is great for layering - jacket, shirt, skirt/pants, scarf. All different colours or even just using two colours - this makes for a super bright Winter!
It's easy to achieve and looks good on a smaller scale too. Red or blue jeans, white shirt, red lip and a coloured bag or shoe. This is a formula that works on everyone, do it!


Gucci Spring 2011 in all it's colour block glory. Dying! 


Fall runway trends - note the peplum skirts too. Very now. Very me. Very everyone. Well should be very everyone. (I'll stop there as I'm feeling a peplum inspired blog coming along, the benefits of this shape definitely deserve their own page.)

And here is little old me in my colour block best! And might I just add..
Gucci-smucci..

The shirt I found at Hospice (throwing charity into the vintage and thrift store shopping mix makes for guilt free purchases), burgundy with a tiny polka dot. It cost me R8 and turns out was originally from Mango.
The pants are my fave right now and literally 'colour-block-called' me from the rail, the rail at Hospice too of course.. R15
The belt is bubblegum pink and plastic. At a cost of R1, I was the last to think it would end up an item I wear all the time and finishes off so many outfits. (my kinda outfits, I've had some disagreements)
Fashion on a budget.. Fabulous..

P.S. Check out my over-sized 'John-Lennons' too. When it comes to sunnies at the moment, round is all the rage. Love.

Go colour block crazy fashionistas!
xoxo

Melissa Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment