Tuesday, April 10, 2012

An Idol Obsession


Anyone who knows me, knows that I am totally a television addict! Just like Miranda in Sex And The City had with her Tevo, I too have a relationship with my PVR. A special one, we get each other..


So one of my faves to watch at the moment is American Idol. I never miss a season, yet have to admit that up until last season, I was slowly deciding to give up my guilty pleasure. What stopped me? At first I was like many others, intrigued by Steven Tyler. Wandering how I was weirdly attracted to this 'femme' fashioned man. And then I realised, as inspiring as it was to see his outfits each week (many of which I would totally wear) it was Jennifer I was really excited about tuning in for. The woman is perfection! This season I think I have died a little inside every time she has been on my screen. I have tried, as you do, to find fault or in my envy find a 'faux pas', but I can't.. I search for inspiration on a daily basis, hot trends, the latest 'must-have's', keeping myself and my brand in the know. J-Lo is all the inspiration I need! From her hair to her make-up, shoes and the designers she adorns, she is a style sensation! Enough gushing, this is getting weird. (It is possible to be a fashion nerd. What I just did, that's it.)


So on the most recent episode which aired over the weekend for us, Jen wore a Lanvin Draped Jersey Top with a Lanvin printed silk-blend maxi skirt. 'Bananas!' Yes, when fashion slaps me in the face in all it's brilliance I go all Rachel Zoe.. Who doesn't? This outfit, so delicious, got me thinking about some recent work I've done during matric farewell season. Wouldn't it be fab if young girls could take note of the actual trends that are out there with regard to cocktail and evening wear? Ditch the ball gowns and Cinderella-like costumery in favour of something like this, something fresh, something now. Still sparkly, still pretty and princess-like but better and trendier. Along with that, forget the sexiness so often over supplied in adolescent evening wear with bare mid-riffs and low-cut everything! This idea of a slit in a full flared skirt has the intrigue of a peek-a-boo leg but executed in sophisticated style. Come the end of the year and matric farewell season 2 comes around I'm starting a movement!


Jennifer Lopez, you rock my fashion world!


Stay fabulous fashionistas..
xoxo


Melissa Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment