Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kiss And Make It Better

These last few days I've been a bit down. The usual highs and lows of life, up and down and bringing on thoughts of 'gotta make a change'.. I'm almost in the clear, and my fleeting thoughts of packing up and moving to Paris to become a waitress slash struggling artist have been brought back to just that, thoughts. I seem to go in circles around which road my life should take, and am I following the right path, is there something more? If so, how do I find it? I heard an author once say that he was told that most people end up doing what they're second best at. Is that me? Am I a second rate designer? Who knows..

I woke up today and decided to be grateful. For every thought of worry or dissatisfaction I'd remind myself of a blessing or how I could turn something I don't like into one. Try it, just this morning my coffee already tastes better, my gown more comfy and the day ahead more promising. Bla bla.. Let's get back to fashion now, I wouldn't want to bore you into thinking this thing is some sort of self help diary of a distracted designer.


So I found this pick on The Sartorialist. Basically the one thing that when I'm drowning in 'small town syndrome' I can look up and feel like the jet setter I'd love to be and be inspired by the fact that beautiful and interesting people are plenty, and have been found for your viewing pleasure. This is on the streets of Hong Kong.. I don't need to tear apart each item in the outfit and tell you how fab she looks or how on trend her hand bag is. What I want you to take from this is just a little inspiration. Be it from a woman in a foreign city, in heels on tar. Her effortless style, the blur of buildings in the back round or even from the time you'll take in a minute to day dream a little of a different life. Sometimes that's all we need. To be reminded of a larger picture, of endless possibilities, of fabulous fashion and inspiring images. Just to be reminded to dream. That's my kiss-and-make-it-better remedy to those daily blues.

Stay fabulous fashionistas!

xoxo
Melissa Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment