Sunday, May 6, 2012

Dear Future Husband..

Today I've strayed from the usual feminine fair I'm most drawn to write about, and have instead compiled some super exciting men's street style pics from cities the world over. None, I might add were found to be from South Africa. Clearly the reason I'm still single! So enjoy the eye-candy and forward on to your men sisters..


Fur isn't just for the ladies this Winter..

This one's kinda out there. But hey, the confidence for a man and the style it takes to pull this off definitely ticks my 'yes' box.

The glasses, the scarf, the tweed, he's just plain cute, delish..

Paisley and floral print jacket, denim shirt tied around waist - serving absolutely no purpose.. This guy dresses for fashion, love it!

Growing up as a teenager, we'd often fantasize, as girls do, about the men we'd like to marry. Mine was always a business man in the corporate world - who doesn't love a man in a suit? Put a fashionable twist on it as above with a skinny pant and a break in the colour with a tan shoe..

The mix of colours here screams style.. This you just can't teach..

I am loving these boots! I'd wear them.. I need to find this one, we could totally share scarves and shoes!


I do love a man with a bun! (to many of my girlfriends disgust) Tick in the 'yes' box to the length on the shorts as well.


I had to throw in at least one artsy look. Tribal prints are another trend for both guys and gals this season. I'm also absolutely tickled about the jelly shoes!

This look says, 'I don't care about clothing.. Look how old my shoes are, and check how high my pants ride.' He ain't fooling me, he knows exactly how to work vintage/retro 'for him'. Fab hair cut too..

Subtle details like rolling the sleeves of the shirt over the jacket, a two-tone loafer, the cropped pant and pocket square make for a fantastic laid back look.


To this guy I'm simply saying.. 'Hello Mr...'

I'm feeling dark brooding musician here. How all black can look all beautiful.


Bravo! I'm dying over this one.. Love love love..

I could say his vest is super trendy, that the fur is a bold statement.. However the only statement coming to mind is 'yummy!'

If we could shave off the beard this would be perfection. Layering to love, and the long hair reminds me of Jon Bon Jovi from the 80's.. My kinda man..


Love the hair, love denim on denim and looove a peek-a-boo ankle.

That was fun. Even though most won't see what I see and might take most of these looks for a hot mess, I see a mission to change how men view fashion.. Especially where I'm from, many don't think it exists or applies to them. Will definitely have to go on the 'to-do list'.

And dear future husband, be warned.. Should you not come as superbly packaged as these examples above, like it or not, you eventually will be!


All photos featured are from Fashionbeans.com where you'll find the associated photographers.


xoxo
Melissa Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment