Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Apologies In Advance Fashionistas..



Camilla and Marc - SS 2012

I am new to finding this duo, (brother-sister design team) Camilla and Marc. Based in Australia they debuted at Australian fashion week in 2003 and have since been a regular on the runway. On stumbling upon them while submerging myself in the Internet, I immediately had coveting pangs of excitement. Rarely do I find a collection so inspiring to my personal aesthetic and so clearly made to be owned by me! Every piece has me dying over it. Even as a Spring/Summer collection it fits so easily into what I think should be on our backs this Winter in SA. Reading up on the brand, they're about luxe fabrics and pay attention to tailoring. The fit of the jeans, the mix of colours and prints, shapely blazers (must-have), a style of pants for every occasion, the list goes on.. And if you find yourself stopping to shed a tear over the salmon, sorbet stunner of a pants suit, I'm right there with you honey. This mix of separates is what each wardrobe should aspire to, modern and wearable with the class to become lasting staples. Camilla and Marc has me feeling super refreshed and quite frankly - giddy. Hard to do when I drown in my own design process day to day and am often left less than enthusiastic. So my dolls, I apologise in advance as you scroll down to realise you'll never view your wardrobe in the same manner again. I know mine can now never be complete until I can somehow emulate the 'effortless-chic' that is this brand.


Stay fabulous fashionistas,

xoxo
Melissa Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment