Monday, November 12, 2012

Rock Out With Your Frock Out

I kind of just stumbled upon this collection - SS 2013 by Temperley last night during my eternal search for more inspiration. 'Alice Temperley's timeless, feminine designs combine meticulous detail and embellishments with an English eccentricity and personality drawing on everything British; Temperley is the modern day 'Cool Britannia'.' - temperleylondon.com.
 
It's quite seldom I look at a runway collection and go, 'I want to be her.' Most times there are very strong points of view, and the character of a collection influenced so strongly by one or more particular thing, that I'm left to figure out how I could make it about me, and which parts I can use as an influence on my designs or my own wardrobe. This collection 'wowed' me. It's super feminine but strong. Fifties vintage but very modern. And mostly it's classic, but man oh man it is oh so cool. I do want to be this girl. I love the modern twist on the french roll in the hair, I'm obsessed with this style of shades, and the clothing - that I die for. I can even see myself in one of the structured dome hats on the beach with a retro cozzie and bright red lips, yes please!
 
I posted a few of my fave bits here but do yourself a favour and hit up the website. Never has a designer made me covet, and want to rock a frock more than now.
 











Stay fabulous fashionistas,

xoxo
Melissa Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment