Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I'm Back!

Hello fashionistas! Been out of the game a while, not due to lack of inspiration, purely due to lack of time. Business this year with my label SomersetJane has had more ups and downs than two months should see, but we're almost at a point of smooth sailing so I'm writing! Forcing myself, as I rely on it as the one thing that keeps me sane..

Each day I experience little fashion moments that I'm just bursting to share, yet I usually find that in everyone elses day my 'fickle' fancy with fashion that forms my day-to-day, are too quickly pushed aside by other selfish interests and mundane daily life. Other than my business partner that has an invested interest, what's a girl to do? So back to blogging it is!

I'm just back from making a delivery to Mememe, a store we supply in Parkhurst. The boring act of dragging a large crate of garments to a store, unpacking and ticking off lists, is usually one tainted with the thought - 'When will the day come where my job is just to design, just to be glamourous, not to be 'delivery girl' and never to curse my platform heels?!' Probably never, but I'm holding thumbs. The thought gets shoved aside though, when as I unpack the latest of what SomersetJane has to offer and have the shop assistants, managers and stylists appear from the woodwork to covet and ogle at my designs. I say a little 'yay!' inside, as garments get whipped up, draped around shoulders and held up to the mirror, all the while keeping my professional fashionista face. I've got it right, the collection is a hit, and I feel firworks inside. This feeling of affirmation never gets old and makes me realise that no matter how far along this road I venture these early days are what will stand out, what I'll cherish the most.


One day I'll look down at my rested feet in my un-scuffed Jimmy Choos from behind my desk and remember the long days out and about. I'll surely miss seeing first hand the effect of my clothing and miss taking pride in my blisters from sticking it out in heels all day.. Or will I?

Stay fabulous fashionistas!

Melissa Jane xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment